COLUMBUS, Ohio, May 9, 2018 – DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse today announced the launch of its new rewards program, DSW VIP, to its 25 million existing members. The new program includes new benefits and an additional tier, creating a more personalized customer experience for members with relevant and compelling rewards – all available at their fingertips in DSW’s seamless app.
DSW designed key program elements around customer feedback, including the ability to earn points by donating shoes, and a simplified points system with faster rewards. The new program now includes three tiers: VIP Club, VIP Gold, and VIP Elite. Key benefits of the new program include:
- Earn rewards faster: VIP Club and VIP Gold earn 1 point for every $1 spent, while VIP Elite earns 2 points for every $1 spent. All three tiers receive $5 rewards for every 100 points earned.
- Free shipping: Members receive free ground shipping on anything and free in-store returns; VIP Gold members also receive free online returns; VIP Elite members receive free two-day shipping on anything and free in-store and online returns for an entire year.
- Donate shoes for points: Members can earn 50 points by donating shoes at all DSW locations in the U.S.
- Early access: VIP Gold and VIP Elite members enjoy early access to exclusive offers and events.
- Birthday treats: VIP Club and VIP Gold are treated to $5 birthday rewards and VIP Elite receive $10 birthday rewards.
- Give a Gift: Gold and Elite members can give two $5 birthday gifts to friends.
“DSW has been an innovative leader in loyalty since we launched our first rewards program 20 years ago, and since then our 25 million members have enjoyed great perks,” says DSW Chief Operating Officer Michele Love. “The new DSW VIP program continues our innovative legacy by offering members compelling benefits and experiences when they shop for shoes. Our customers are very important people, so we want every member to feel like a VIP when they shop at DSW.”
The loyalty program launch is about more than just creating engaging customer experiences that inspire customers’ self-expression – it’s also about giving back. In-store shoe donations will benefit DSW’s philanthropic partner Soles4Souls, which creates sustainable jobs and provides relief through the distribution of shoes and clothing around the world.
“People have an emotional connection to shoes, and it can be hard to part from your favorite pair,” says Love. “That’s why we’re thrilled that those shoes can live on through in-store donation. Customers can feel good knowing they’re helping others – sustainably—and be rewarded for doing good by earning points per donation.”
The program provides a new platform for future enhancements, with even more interactive experiences planned for 2018, including the ability to donate points to charity. For more information about DSW VIP and to sign up, customers can visit www.dsw.com/en/us/rewards and can join the conversation on social media using @DSWShoeLovers and #DSWVIP.
About DSW Inc.
DSW Inc. is a leading branded shoes and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer shoes and accessories for women, men, and kids. As of May 9, 2018, Designer Shoe Warehouse operates 517 stores in 45 states and operates an e-commerce site, http://www.dsw.com, and a mobile website, http://m.dsw.com. DSW also supplies footwear to 289 leased locations in the United States.
SOURCE DSW Inc.
For further Information:
Margaret Standing, Director of Corporate Communications, email@example.com
Christina Cheng, Senior Director, Investor Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org